Questions and Answers regarding the Voucher
Friends of Release Athens, in the last 35 months we have been experiencing an unprecedented state of affairs, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Once the line-up is finalized, a detailed update will follow, with the necessary clarifications regarding the Voucher application process, which apply for Release Athens 2020 and/or Release Athens 2021 ticket holders.
Until then and for your convenience, we have answered the most frequently asked questions based on the facts we have so far.
- Question 1: What exactly is the Voucher and where can I find the relevant government regulations?
A Voucher is a credit coupon, the value of which corresponds to the ticket price of the event that has been cancelled or postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The ticket holder of the cancelled/postponed concerts and events (Release Athens is one of them) will be able to redeem the above voucher with a ticket of the same (or any other) event of the organizing company, until 31.12.2022.The relevant legislative framework was published in the Government Gazette on 23 December 2021(Government Gazette, Issue A, page 251). For your convenience, you can find it posted on our website at the following link: http://bit.ly/covid-voucher-release
- Question 2: How do I get my Voucher? Do I need to do anything about it?
No, you do not need to take any action whatsoever to obtain your Voucher. The ticket you already have in your possession is your 2022 Voucher. There will be an update on the options you have as well as the detailed procedure for redeeming the Voucher, as soon as the Release Athens 2022 headliners are announced. In any case, ticket holders are not at risk of losing the right to use this Voucher, in any of the foreseen ways they deem desirable.
- Question 3: What exactly do I have to do to purchase a ticket for Release Athens 2022 using my Voucher?
In order to get a ticket for Release Athens 2022 using your Voucher, a process is required which will be posted as soon as all Release Athens 2022 headliners are announced, in order for you to have a complete idea of the options you have for this years’ edition of the festival.
- Question 4: Can I attend a different concert day than the one I originally chose when I bought my ticket in 2020?
Yes. As mentioned above, the Voucher is a credit couponthat you can use on any day or multiple days of the festival you wish, until you spend the amount of money it accounts for.
- Question 5: If I redeem part of my ticket value in the form of the Voucher, what happens to the outstanding amount? Is there a risk of losing my money?
No, you are not at risk of losing the outstanding amount of your money. For example, if your Voucher is worth 50 euros and you attend a festival day with a general admission of 45 euros, then the remaining 5 euros can either be used to buy an extra ticket (by covering the difference to the face value of the extra ticket) otherwise the remaining amount will be refunded– via bank transfer – by 31.1.2023. This period is defined by the relevant legislative framework published by the government on 23 December 2021(Government Gazette, Issue A, page 251) . You can find the relevant Government Gazette at the following link: http://bit.ly/covid-voucher-release
- Question 6: Can I use the value of my Voucher in order to purchase a ticket of a higher value?
Yes. You can purchase a ticket of a higher value than the nominal value of the Voucher, by paying only the remaining amount. For example, if your ticket has a face value of 45 euros, but you wish to purchase a new ticket for the 2022 events with a value of 55 euros, you can “redeem” your Voucher for the face value of 45 euros and pay the difference of 10 euros via e-ticketing. In any case, detailed information will be given on the procedure and the options for the application of the Voucher, as soon as all the headliners for Release Athens are announced, as mentioned above.
- Question 7: I am a VIP ticket holder, but I want to use it to obtain general admission (“regular”) tickets. What should I do?
Each ticket (whether it is VIP or General Admission) is converted into a Voucher of corresponding monetary value. Therefore, as a Voucher holder, you have the option to use the specific amount in any way you wish, to acquire tickets to any Fuzz Productions’ event (Release Athens Festival or otherwise). For example, a VIP ticket of 90 euros can be equivalent to two general admission tickets of 45 euros (or vice versa, of course).
- Question 8: I am a ticket holder for the events that were scheduled to take place in Thessaloniki. Can I use the Voucher to attend Release Athens?
Yes, all ticket holders for the Thessaloniki shows can choose any Fuzz Productions’ event they wish (nationwide), using their Voucher at the corresponding monetary value.
- Question 9: What about the “combo ticket” holders (combo ticket for 2-3 or 4 days)?
As a combo ticket holder, you get a Voucher which corresponds to the value of your tickets purchase. This amount, which has been credited to you, can be used on any festival day or combination of days you wish.
- Question 10: Until when can I use the Voucher to purchase my ticket for Release Athens 2022?
You can make use of the Voucher at any time you wish, at the current ticket price and until tickets are sold out.
- Question 11: I cannot attend any of the 2022 events. Is there a refund and when is this possible?
Under the current legislation, you are entitled to a full refund until 31 January 2023. This period is defined by the relevant legislative framework published by the government on 23 December 2021(Government Gazette, Issue A, page 251). You can find the relevant Government Gazette at the following link: http://bit.ly/covid-voucher-release
The exact process for the refund will be known as soon as the 2022 line-up announcements are finalized (i.e. in the next few weeks).